Friday, October 21, 2011

Why You Should Have A Workout Partner

In the past week I've been reminded how important it is to have a training partner and why I created MyTrainingBuddy.com. A friend of mine who is of very similar running skill to me came out for a long run one night. I had sets in the run that I defiantly wouldn't have ran as hard as I did if he wasn't there. When I wasn't feeling quite as fast he would inch ahead and be the little difference to make me put my head down and work that little bit harder. Same thing when he wasn't feeling quite as fast. It was without a doubt the most motivating, hardest run I've done in quite some time.


Running 7 marathons in 7 days is a very daunting goal for me, but luckily enough I have lots of people who have told me they will run with me for some of the days. I feel more grateful than ever for having training partners!

Greg and I going for a run in Penticton, BC.

No comments:

Post a Comment