Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Miracle Berry...and a few other cool things

I've came across a few really cool products the past couple weeks so I thought I'd share them with you.

Miracle Berry: Yes, that's the actual name of this berry. I saw it feature on the Doctor Oz show. Basically this berry makes anything you eat taste sweet! This is great because it allows you to be able to eat foods that are good for you but don't taste good. On the show Dr Oz ate a piece of lemon and he said it tasted very sweet- interesting stuff. Here the link to the video for you to check out http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/miracle-food-cures-pt-2.
Not sure what stores carry this but if you google miracle berry you can find places to buy it online.


Fitbit: I stumbled across this cool gadget online. I'm going to quote straight from the Fitbit website just what it does:
"The Fitbit accurately tracks your calories burned, steps taken, distance traveled and sleep quality. The Fitbit contains a 3D motion sensor like the one found in the Nintendo Wii. The Fitbit tracks your motion in three dimensions and converts this into useful information about your daily activities.
You can wear the Fitbit on your waist, in your pocket or on undergarments. At night, you can wear the Fitbit clipped to the included wristband in order to track your sleep. Anytime you walk by the included wireless base station, data from your Fitbit is silently uploaded in the background to Fitbit.com"
This is just plain cool and I felt I had to let you know about it! I think it would be interesting to track calories burned, steps taken and sleep quality for a couple weeks and see where I can improve. I put a picture just below- nice looking too!

Underwater heaphones/mp3 player: This has actually been around for quite some time but I'm finding a lot of people don't know about! Lane swimming can be very boring, being able to take music with you while you swim can really liven up your workout. If this one interests you I know you can get a pair through speedo.

Bosu Ball: Been around for a long time too, but I just tried a bosu ball for the first time a few days ago at the gym. Wow! I did some push up sets on it and it was so much more difficult. It really activiates the stabilizer muscles. Next time you're in the gym, do it up. You can do basically any workouts on a bosu ball, just be careful and don't use too much weight.


 Those are a few cool things I've come across the past couple weeks. All can be very beneficial for your training or just for all around well-being. If you end up using any of these products let us know what you think of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment